Friday, December 4, 2009

What I order at McDonald's ~

My favorite on-the-go meal

McDonald’s: Premium Southwest Salad with Grilled Chicken

“Each of our salads provides about 3 cups of greens, so I’m getting a great veggie serving,” says Cindy Goody, PhD, RD, director of nutrition for McDonald’s USA. “I like that it gives me protein from the grilled chicken and beans, plus a variety of vegetables like corn, tomatoes, and chiles.” She uses half of the Southwest dressing packet, which shaves 50 calories off her meal, and her beverage of choice is a small Diet Coke.

Nutrition info (for salad, full dressing packet, and soda): 420 cal, 31 g protein, 41 g carbs, 6 g fiber, 15 g fat, 4 g sat fat, 90 mg chol, 1,320 mg sodium

~ this is what my daughter & I order when we get McDonald's ~ I love this salad ~ I never get the soda & I never use all the salad dressing ~

No comments:

Post a Comment